17 Oct Chicken & Prawn Green Thai curry with Coconut Rice
This was always my ‘go to’ anytime I visit one of my favorite restaurants, but the portions they served was never enough so I decided to create my own version using chicken thighs (who doesn’t love a good thigh!) and added some prawns to the mix. This meal is wholesome, tasty and quick to make if you use pre-made green curry paste, or you can go up a level and create your own green Thai curry paste from scratch. A good quality pre-made curry paste from your local supermarket or Asian store will be good enough. It’s all about how you combine and season your ingredients to give an authentic taste.
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cooktime – 40 minutes
- 10x Chicken thighs (skinless)
- 1x tsp Salt
- 1s tsp Black pepper
- 4x tbs Sunflower oil
- 2x spring onions
- 620g Green Thai curry sauce
- 1200mls Coconut milk
- 2tbs chilli flakes
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 2x chicken seasoning cubes
- 2x tbs Honey
- 15g Baby corn
- 15g Sugar snap peas
- 1x whole Sweet Red pepper (strips)
- 1x whole Green pepper (strips)
- 3 cups Long grain rice
- 100ml water
- 3x cinnamon sticks
- 2tsp brown sugar
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs, add salt & pepper and mix until evenly coated.
- Put some oil in a pan with a lid and pan fry the chicken on low heat for 10-15 minutes, turning them in between.
- Add chopped spring onions, green Thai curry paste, 400ml coconut milk, seasoning cubes, chilli flakes and powder. Stir well and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste (if required), then stir in the honey. Cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add all the baby corn, sugar snap peas and peppers and let it steam for another 5 minutes
To make the COCONUT RICE –
- Rinse and drain the rice with hot water, repeat this 3 times,
- Add 100ml water to the rice, 800ml coconut milk, cinnamon sticks, desiccated coconut, brown sugar and mix well and cook until rice is soft & fluffy.
- Serve the Rice & Green Thai curry whilst hot.
If making your own green Thai curry paste you’ll need to add double the amount of coconut milk required.
You can swap coconut rice for couscous.
A full video of this recipe can be found on my channel FUNJAYJAY | little Intro – How to make Chicken & Prawn Green Thai Curry
Feel free to leave your comments below or if you have any questions about the recipe, please do ask.
Yemi Christopher-soaresPosted at 09:16h, 18 October
I will be trying this during the half term Chef ‘Lo…
Linda JohnsonPosted at 09:24h, 19 October
Mouth watering! Quick and easy illustration. Lovely table setting too. Well done!
lamide ayodelePosted at 23:48h, 20 October
i must try this ASAP with lots of prawns
Folake TogunlojuPosted at 20:41h, 21 October
No wayyyyyy, you put the recipe on?????? Ok i have to try this!!!!!!