03 Oct Warra’Melon High Cooler
Pure cold watermelon slushie without one cube of ice (to dilute the fresh taste) in sight!
What you get on the recipe is the natural sweet taste of frozen Watermelon heightened with fresh frozen Pineapples.
All you need to make this lush goodness are 3 ingredients…
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cooktime – 5 minutes
Serves 8 – 10
- 1x Large Watermelon
- 1x Large Pineapple
- 5 tbs Apple juice
- Cut the watermelon into quarters and scoop out the flesh and place in bowl. Don’t worry about scooping the seeds as well.
- Core and cut the pineapple up into manageable chunks and place in a separate bowl.
- Portion the watermelon and pineapple into separate freezer bags and freeze overnight.
- Place some good amount of frozen watermelon in the blender, add some frozen pineapples and apple juice and blend until smooth and forms a slushie look
- Serve immediately with nice chunky straw.
You can use store bought frozen watermelon and pineapple to make your cooler. You get the best taste out of frozen smoothies if you avoid using ice cubes/water which ends up diluting your slushie and makes it taste watery. Add juice or milk (oat) instead, to help blend more smoothly.
If you want to turn this to an ‘adult’ watermelon cooler, add some crisp white wine or chilled vodka (replaces the apple juice) before you blend the watermelon.
A full video of this recipe can be found on my channel ‘ FunJayJay | How to make Watermelon Cooler ‘
Feel free to leave your comments below or if you have any questions about the recipe, please do ask.